Pages

**This site is no longer being maintained/updated -- please visit our new homepage for the latest information**

Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Songs & Updates for Saturday, October 28, 2017

This Saturday is the 30th Sunday in Ordinary Time.
We had a pretty small group last week, including Bev, Tom, Maggie, Lisa, Steve, Barry, Rose and I. Thanks to everyone who stepped up to fill in the gaps!

I've begun picking the music for November, and am hoping to have this sent to the Office early next week. Likewise, I should have a cantor schedule out shortly.

A reminder that we have a dinner tentatively scheduled for this Saturday. Unless there are any other suggestions, let's stick with pot luck for now (or we could order in?). Let me know if this doesn't work for you -- I know we didn't really discuss it this go around, so I'm fine with canceling. If we do stick around, though, I wouldn't mind touching on the plan for Christmas. I have a program more-or-less drafted, but would like to get a better idea of where we stand as far as musicians.

It's looking like we have members of the core group out every Saturday through the end of November (see below). Eva also let us know that she has a pretty full plate right now, and unfortunately won't be able to join us for the foreseeable future. I'm working on sorting out coverage -- besides accompaniment, my biggest concern is making sure someone is available to run things on the two Saturdays that I'm absent (any volunteers?). If there's anyone/anything else I missed, please shoot me a message.

10/28 - Jim
11/04 - Jim, Maggie, Cris & Lisa
11/11 - Bev
11/18 - Jim, Joe, Maggie & Cris
11/25 - Jim

UPDATE: 10/25: details went out by email, but we've been asked to lead the music for the All Saints Day Mass on 10/31 at 7 PM (the Sunday choirs are taking point on the All Soul's Day liturgies). Bev and I are able to be there; if you're able to help out, let me know ASAP so we can plan. Thanks!

UPDATE: 10/26: sign-ups for our monthly dinner can be found here.

Gathering:
GC3 #592 – We Are the Light of the World (vs 1-4)
Materials (audio) (sheet music)

Glory to God:
Mass of Creation

Response (TBD):
SS #077 – Ps 103 – The Lord is Kind and Merciful
Materials (audio) (sheet music)

Gospel Acclamation (Ginny):
Mass of Creation

Offertory:
GC3 #685 – How Can I Keep from Singing?
Materials (sheet music)

Holy, Holy, Holy:
Mass of Creation

Eucharistic Acclamation:
Mass of Creation

Eucharistic Doxology:
Mass of Creation

Lamb of God:
Mass of Creation

Communion:
GC3 #907 – Where Two or Three Are Gathered

Closing:
GC3 #807 – We Are Called
Materials (audio) (sheet music)

<><  ><>  ><>