Pages

**This site is no longer being maintained/updated -- please visit our new homepage for the latest information**

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Songs & Updates for Saturday, January 17, 2015

This Saturday is the Second Sunday in Ordinary Time.
Thanks as always to everyone who was able to make it last week! Things seemed to go fairly well with only a few minor issues.

Our Gathering and Closing song (Praise to You, O Christ, Our Savior) was a bit messy, but that was my fault for not introducing it much sooner. Our Communion song, Lord, When You Came, turned out quite nicely, though.

Jonathan, Jim and Karina briefly looked at a new song for Lent after mass, GC 381 - Dust and Ashes, but otherwise, we didn't stick around.

I found out from Father Charlie that starting in February, the last Saturday of every month will be a Children's Liturgy. We've been asked to use 'child-friendly' songs for those masses, but I'm still not clear on some of the details (such as how the mass will be structured). Stay tuned for further info on this.

I'm selecting the music for February this week and will sent it to the Office no later than next Monday. If there are any specific songs you'd like to see us do for Lent, feel free to let me know and I'll see what I can do. I already have a few in mind, but nothing's been nailed down yet.

Our Psalm this week is GC 49, Here I Am. This is a fairly new addition to our repertoire (we used it for the first time back in October). Please let me know if you'd be interested in cantoring it.

Karina and I are out this week.

There will be practice after mass from 6:30-8:00 PM. Just a reminder that it's important to stick around for practices so we can be well-prepared for masses and move forward with new pieces. I know rehearsing on Saturday nights may not be ideal (and this is something we can discuss going into the new year), but we can do a lot more with our rehearsals with a larger group of people.

Thus far, the plan for practice is to:
  • rehearse GC 688 - Two Fisherman (Offertory for next week)
  • review SS 60 - To You, O God, I Lift Up My Soul (Psalm for next week; need cantor)
  • learn GC 381 - Dust and Ashes (our Gathering song for Lent)
  • learn Mass of Remembrance Penitential Rite (used during Lent)

Here are the songs for Saturday:

Gathering:
GC 646 - I Heard the Voice of Jesus Say

Glory to God:
Mass of Joy & Peace

Response:
GC 49 - Here I Am (Psalm 40)

Gospel Acclamation:
Mass of Joy & Peace

Offertory:
SS 137 - The Summons

Holy, Holy, Holy:
Mass of Joy & Peace

Eucharistic Acclamation:
Mass of Joy & Peace

Eucharistic Doxology:
Mass of Joy & Peace

Lamb of God:
Mass of Joy & Peace

Communion:
GC 696 - Lord, When You Came (English verses 1-4)

Closing:
SS 106 - City of God

<><  ><>  ><>