Pages

**This site is no longer being maintained/updated -- please visit our new homepage for the latest information**

Monday, January 19, 2015

Songs & Updates for Saturday, January 24, 2015

This Saturday is the Third Sunday of Ordinary Time.
Mass last week was definitely one of our strongest in a while! I'd like to pass along the compliments of a few folks that stopped me on my way out -- nice job all!

We did not stick around for practice since Jonathan had to leave for a gig and Jim called off sick. In light of the issues we've been having with Saturday rehearsals, I'd like to seriously discuss the possibility of moving practice to a weeknight -- stay tuned for an email on this.

I found out from Father that the previously mentioned possibility of a monthly Children's Mass has been nixed by the Parish Council. Instead, this will be done at the 11:00 mass.

Since the Office is closed today in observance of Martin Luther King Jr. Day, I'm planning to send in the music for February for approval first thing Tuesday morning.

Our Gathering and Closing song this week is 'Bring Forth the Kingdom'. Please let me know if you'd be interested in cantoring one of the verses (we'll need four people).

We're also in need of a cantor for the Psalm, 'To You O God, I Lift Up My Soul'.

Our Offertory song, 'Two Fishermen', is one we don't often do. Please look it over if unfamiliar.
_____________________________________________________________

UPDATE (1/21): I touched on this with a few of you over the weekend, but in light of the issues we've been having with rehearsals on Saturdays, I'd like to propose moving practice to a different day and time starting in February. 

The idea would be to retain our 4:30-5:30 run-through before mass, but instead of sticking around afterward, get together on a weeknight. I'm hoping that moving the day and time will make it possible for more of you to attend, and also give us the practice time we need to be better prepared for masses.


Please let me know if you'd be open to this possibility, and if so, what day(s) and time(s) would work.

UPDATE (1/22): Father made a few minor revisions to our music for February (he switched a couple of psalms), and I also found out that we have a Baptism on 1/31.

UPDATE (1/22): until we sort out the practice situation going into February, let's plan to rehearse as normal after mass this week. There are a number of pieces for the next few weeks and for Lent that we really need to get started on, so please stick around if you can. A few priorities include:

  • GC 141 - Bless the Lord, My Soul (psalm for 2/7)
  • GC 838 - Eat This Bread (Communion song for 2/7 & 2/14)
  • GC 381 - Dust and Ashes (Gathering song for Lent)
  • Open the Eyes of My Heart  - Paul Baloche (prelude for 2/28)
_____________________________________________________________

Here are the songs for this week:

Gathering:
GC 658 - Bring Forth the Kingdom (vs 1-2)

Glory to God:
Mass of Joy & Peace


Response (Jim):
SS 60 - To You, O God, I Lift Up My Soul (Psalm 25)

Gospel Acclamation:
Mass of Joy & Peace


Offertory:
GC 688 - Two Fishermen

Holy, Holy, Holy:
Mass of Joy & Peace

Eucharistic Acclamation:
Mass of Joy & Peace

Eucharistic Doxology:
Mass of Joy & Peace

Lamb of God:
Mass of Joy & Peace

Communion:
GC 696 - Lord, When You Came (English vs 1-4)

Closing:
GC 658 - Bring Forth the Kingdom (vs 3-4)

<><  ><>  <><