Pages

**This site is no longer being maintained/updated -- please visit our new homepage for the latest information**

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Songs & Updates for Saturday, June 27, 2015

This Saturday is the 13th Sunday in Ordinary Time.
Mass went fairly well last week despite a challenging psalm and some messy direction on my part. Thanks once again to Chip and Tom for covering guitar and to everyone else who was able to make it! Its been nice to have such a large group of singers these past few weeks to help offset our limited instruments.

Tom and I briefly stuck around afterward to look at the Psalm for this week.

Our Gathering song, 'Praise to You, O Christ, Our Savior', is a piece we've only used once before. The verses are very 'wordy', so please look it over if unfamiliar.

'I Will Praise You, Lord' is a new Psalm for us (or, at least, as far as I know). There where no other options in our books for the suggested psalm this week, so that's why I selected it. The refrain and first verse are fairly straight-forward, but verses two and three are a bit tricky. I'm tentatively planning to cantor this one unless someone else would like to take it.

I just finished selecting the music for July and will get that send off to the Office for approval soon.

Looking ahead to next Saturday, July 4th, please let me know if you're planning to be at mass. I want to make sure we have coverage given that it's a holiday weekend. I have a commitment myself that afternoon, but if we're short on musicians, I might be able to modify my schedule.

Jim and Lisa K. are out this week.

Gathering:
GC 515 - Praise to You, O Christ, Our Savior
Materials (audio) (sheet music)

Glory to God:
Mass of Creation
Materials (audio) (sheet music)

Response (Cris):
GC 41 - I Will Praise You, Lord (Psalm 30)
Materials (audio) (sheet music)

Gospel Acclamation (need one):
Mass of Creation
Materials (audio) (sheet music)

Offertory:
GC 638 - Eye Has Not Seen
Materials (audio) (sheet music)

Holy, Holy, Holy:
Mass of Creation
Materials (audio) (sheet music)

Eucharistic Acclamation:
Mass of Creation
Materials (audio) (sheet music)

Eucharistic Doxology:
Mass of Creation
Materials (audio) (sheet music)

Lamb of God:
Mass of Creation
Materials (audio) (sheet music)

Communion:
GC 843 - Look Beyond
Materials (audio) (sheet music)

Closing:
GC 602 - Though the Mountains May Fall
Materials (audio) (sheet music)

<><  ><>  ><>