Pages

**This site is no longer being maintained/updated -- please visit our new homepage for the latest information**

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Songs & Updates for Saturday, August 29, 2015

This Saturday is the 22nd Sunday of Ordinary Time.
Despite a few rough spots here and there, mass went OK last week. Huge thanks to Tom for being our solo guitar coverage! I know it wasn't easy and definitely not ideal, but I really appreciate it! I also apologize for any bad or confusing cues I may have given -- with everything that was going on, I was a bit scatterbrained.

After four weeks of doing 'Taste and See', we're finally jumping to a different psalm this week. If anyone is up for cantoring 'The Cry of the Poor', please let me know.

I'm finalizing the music for September and will get that send in to the Office in the next day or so.

Several months ago, there was some discussion of returning the sound mixers in the choir for reimbursement since we don't use that part of the system the way it was intended. Barb let me know last night that she had Jeff disconnect and put away all but one of these mixers, pending possible private sale. If you have any issues or concerns with this, feel free to let me know.

Finally, Father Charlie is looking for musicians to play at a special kickoff event for Stewardship Month:
"Father Charlie is having a special event on November 1st to kickoff Stewardship Month. The details are still being planned, but he asked me to contact the choirs to see if they could provide some music for the event. Would you be able to check around with the appropriate folks to see if this could be arranged...at least an idea of whether that date would work? Sorry I don't know more about the format yet. I'm guessing it will be in the afternoon or very early evening. Thanks very much!"
If you have interest in being involved, let me know. I'll pass along further details as I get them.

Lisa K. is out this week.

Gathering:
SS 107 - Lead Me, Lord
Materials (audio) (sheet music)

Glory to God:
Mass of Creation

Response (need one):
SS 63 - The Cry of the Poor (Psalm 34)
Materials (audio) (sheet music)

Gospel Acclamation (need one):
Mass of Creation

Offertory:
GC 399 – Deep Within
Materials (audio) (sheet music)

Holy, Holy, Holy:
Mass of Creation

Eucharistic Acclamation:
Mass of Creation

Eucharistic Doxology:
Mass of Creation

Lamb of God:
Mass of Creation

Communion:
SS 150 - Bread of Life
SS 153 - I Am the Bread of Life
Materials (audio) (sheet music)

Closing:
SS 126 - Lift Up Your Hearts
Materials (audio) (sheet music)

<><  ><>  ><>