Pages

**This site is no longer being maintained/updated -- please visit our new homepage for the latest information**

Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Songs & Updates for Saturday, January 21, 2017

This Saturday is the 3rd Sunday in Ordinary Time.
Last week was yet another solid Mass! Tim joined us on piano, and there were only a few very minor issues. I think the Psalm, Here I Am, and closing song, Lift Up Your Hearts, were the highlights. Thanks to all who were able to be there, especially with the nasty weather!

The new Master Repertoire page is live on the website. I'm still tweaking a few things here and there and renaming files, but feel free to let me know if you run into any issues.

I'm hoping to begin selecting music for February this week. As always, I'm looking for volunteers to cantor the Psalms, and if you have any music suggestions, feel free to let me know.

You may want to take a few minutes to review the arrangement of our Gathering song, City of God. The music in Gather and Spirit & Song is more-or-less the same, but the arrangement can get a bit confusing in the second half.

Eva has offered to cantor the Psalm, The Lord is My Light.

Father requested that we use I Receive the Living God as our Communion song for the next three weeks (1/21, 1/28 and 2/4). This is a tune that we're not familiar with, so please take a look at it before the weekend (we'll spend some extra time going through it at practice as well). If you're using an an older edition of Gather at home, keep in mind that the translation of the text will be different than what's in the new book (the same goes for many videos on YouTube, like the one below).

Jim is (tentatively) out this week; I'm tentatively out on 2/4 and definitely out on 2/11.

UPDATE: 01/20: Maggie out for the next two weeks.

Gathering:
SS #106 / GC3 #766 – City of God
Materials (audio) (sheet music)

Penitential Rite:
Mass of Joy & Peace

Glory to God:
Mass of Joy & Peace

Response [Eva]:
GC3 #041 – Ps 27 – The Lord is My Light
Materials (audio) (sheet music)

Offertory:
GC3 #798 – Two Fishermen
Materials (audio) (sheet music)

Holy, Holy, Holy:
Mass of Joy & Peace

Eucharistic Acclamation:
Mass of Joy & Peace

Eucharistic Doxology:
Mass of Joy & Peace

Lamb of God:
Mass of Joy & Peace

Communion:
SS #167 – We Come Today
GC3 #937 – Now in This Banquet

GC3 #916 - I Receive the Living God
Materials (audio) (sheet music)

Closing:
GC3 #796 – I Danced in the Morning
Materials (audio) (sheet music)

><>  ><>  ><>