Pages

**This site is no longer being maintained/updated -- please visit our new homepage for the latest information**

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Songs for Saturday, July 20, 2013

This week is the 16th Sunday in Ordinary Time. 

Jim and Karina are out this week, leaving Barry and I in charge. They both should be back next Saturday, July 27th. I'd suggest a rehearsal after mass next week to go over Ginny's music for August. No one is scheduled to pick music for September, but with Jonathan returning soon, we'll hold off until we know how he wants to handle that.

I ended up picking some less-familiar tunes for this week, so things may be a little tricky with only one instrument to carry melody (besides guitars). I may try to reach out to Mike Lannagan (violin) to see if he'd be able to come and help us out. He's worked with us in the past, but it's been quite a while since I've seen him.


Like last week, it would be good to have someone at the guitar mic throughout mass to lead songs. I'll sing some of the less familiar ones if it helps, but for everything else I really should play to back up the guitars. If anyone's interesting in doing this, let me know before mass.

Here are the songs for this week:

Gathering:
GC 744 - Gather Us In

Response (Cris):
GC 22 - They Who Do Justice (Psalm 15)
(if anyone knows this and would like to join me, the harmony line is quite nice)

Alleluia:
need one

Preparation:
GC 646 - I Heard the Voice of Jesus Say

Communion:
GC 844 - Without Seeing You

Closing:
GC 779 - Standin' in the Need of Prayer (as written, not Luke's arrangement)

There is not practice after mass this week.

Until Saturday,

<><  ><>  <><