Pages

**This site is no longer being maintained/updated -- please visit our new homepage for the latest information**

Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Songs & Updates for Saturday, October 10, 2015

This Saturday is the 28th Sunday in Ordinary Time.
Mass last week went pretty well. Thanks as always to everyone who was able to be there!

Tom, Lisa K. and I stick around after Mass to look at the songs for this week. The songs for October are still pending approval, but what I picked for this week is below. I'll let you know if there are any changes.

Our Psalm this week is 'The Lord is My light'. Any volunteers to cantor it?

I've mentioned this before, but with summer behind us, it would be good to get back into the habit of practicing regularly. What I'd like to suggest is focusing on holding small-scale rehearsals after Mass with only specific people and for specific songs that need attention, not unlike what we've been doing off and on for most of this year. I'd also like to hold a larger practice with dinner at least once a month.

I haven't really worked out the details yet, but I'm hoping this'll serve as a nice compromise between trying to hold full-scale practices every week, and not rehearsing at all and pulling everything together in the hour before Mass.

While doing some editing last Thursday, I managed to delete the entire Gather repertoire page. The media linked to that page is safely stored elsewhere, but I haven't been able to recover any of the text contents (including notes and observations). If you're looking for that page, I'm working to rebuild it from scratch, but it'll be a little while before it's ready to go live. On the bright side, this gives me the chance to redesign the page and perhaps make it more user-friendly.

Finally, just a quick reminder that Father Charlie's Stewardship Month Kickoff event is scheduled for the evening of Sunday, November 1st. As far as I know, musicians are still needed for a brief service (2-3 songs) right after dinner. If a fair number of us are planning to attend, we may want to consider doing a piece for the talent show, perhaps something simple that doesn't require much prep, such as 'Holy Spirit'. The details I have on the event thus far are below:

"... starts at 4:30PM with a turkey dinner (turkey by parish; sides & desserts provided by parishioners) 15-20 minute stewardship service in church starts ~ 5:45 (choir to do 2-3 hymns), 1 hour talent show starts ~ 6:15."

Jim, Maggie and Ginny are out this week.

Gathering: 
GC 682 – God Has Chosen Me
Materials (audio) (sheet music)

Glory to God:
Mass of Creation

Response (need one):
GC 39 – The Lord is My Light (Psalm 27)
Materials (audio) (sheet music)

Gospel Acclamation (need one):
Mass of Creation

Offertory:
SS 160 (GC 615) – Seek Ye First
Materials (audio) (sheet music)

Holy, Holy, Holy:
Mass of Creation

Eucharistic Acclamation:
Mass of Creation

Eucharistic Doxology:
Mass of Creation

Lamb of God:
Mass of Creation

Communion:
GC 696 – Lord, When You Came
Materials (audio) (sheet music)

Closing:
GC 708 – I Danced in the Morning
Materials (audio) (sheet music)

<><  ><>  ><>